Kodi is an important tool to use with your Android TV Box. It allows you with many awesome features which would give you a pleasure while working with your Android TV Box. Kodi allows you with Live Streaming Videos, Games, Sports, Podcasts, Games, Photos etc. Besides that, it also allows you to surf and stream any kind of content on web through the internet.
Installing Kodi on your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV is quite burdensome. But, it is very much easier when you install it on your Android TV Box. For easily installing Kodi on your Android TV Box kindly go through our article on How to Update Kodi on Android TV Box?
Follow the simple steps to Update Kodi on an Android TV Box
You can Update Kodi in the two ways. Either using Google Play Store or from the official website of Kodi. Both the methods are demonstrated here.
Updating Kodi on an Android TV Box from Google Play Store
- First of all you have to download the Kodi. It is available on Google Play Store. The server will automatically detect your system unless you change your system preferences and download the suitable version on your Android TV Box. Versions included are ARM (32 Bit), ARM (64 Bit), x86.
- The .APK file will be downloaded on your Google Chromecast Ultra or other similar Android TV. Now it’s turn to run the file for the installation. Click on the Security Menu in the Menu Tab and Enable the ‘Unknown Sources’. It allows the user to directly update Kodi on the Android TV Box.
- For Enabling the Unknown Sources, first of all go to the Android TV Launcher and select the ‘Settings’ option. In the settings section, select the option ‘Security & Restrictions’. Reaching this section you have to turn on the Unknown Sources for enabling them.
Updating Kodi on an Android TV Box from official website of Kodi
- Updating Kodi on your Android TV Box from the official website of Kodi is as easier as updating with the help of Google Play Store. Download the Kodi from the official website using the link: https://kodi.tv/download.
- By clicking on the Download Option given on the website, the .APK file of the application will be downloaded on your Android TV Box.
- Now you have to run the file in order to install it. For installing, select the file either from the Download Menu or from the File Explorer. A screen will show up asking you for the confirmation, whether to install Kodi or Not.
- Clicking on ‘Install’ will start the installation. This will successfully update Kodi on your Android TV Box within sometime.
- After completing the installation, you have to run the file. When you will do it for the first time it would take up little more time for getting things started. It happens because Kodi is completing the final steps for finishing its installation on the Android TV. From the next time Kodi will take up less time for opening on your Android TV.
After completing the installation, you can delete the .APK File in order to save some disc space. Rest all is up to you whether to delete the file or not.
Uninstalling Kodi from your Android TV Box
- Uninstalling Kodi is also quite simple. For uninstalling, go to the Settings Menu of your NVIDIA Shield Android TV.
- In the settings menu select ‘Apps’ option. It will display all the applications installed on your Android TV.
- Select ‘Kodi’ from the list.
- Click on ‘Uninstall’. And Kodi will be uninstalled from your device.
In our present article on How to Update Kodi on your Android TV Box, we have demonstrated two ways to install Kodi on your Android TV Box. The two methods include downloading it from Google Play Store and from the official website of Kodi. Both the methods are very easy. Moreover, we also briefed out the procedure of uninstalling Kodi from your Android TV Box.
Kodi is an important tool to use with your Android TV Box. For getting more information regarding Android TV Box subscribe to the articles from BEST ANDROID TV BOX