In this Smart Era of Technology, even Television has become smart. Streaming Device is one such example of it. This is why we have prepared this compilation on Best Android TV Box Reviews with details taken from experts, comparison charts and buying guides for our readers. So that, they can go through it and choose the streaming device for your Smart TV, which is best according to their requirement.
Everyone wishes to own the best product for themselves. And when it comes to TV, we have to consider the need of each and every family member. So these are Our top choices for Best Android TV Box, so that you can go through them and get the best one for yourself and your family.
#1. NVIDIA Shield Pro Android TV Box: It is an extremely popular and user convenient product among the various kind of users such as Kodi Enthusiasts, Developers and Casual Gamer. And this is what makes it one of Our top choices for Best Android TV Box.
#2. Amazon Fire TV: Amazon Fire TV Android Box is a perfect Ultra HD Box in the class of 4K streaming media. It is one of the least expensive Android TV Box, providing you with superior quality.
Best Android TV Box for Convenience
Often it happens, that we choose a good product but later on that product isn't much convenient as per your requirement. Thus, we must be careful while choosing the Best Android TV Box for Convenience. So that, you and your family members can use it perfectly.
#3. Matricom G-Box Q 1900: It is one of the Best Android Smart TV Box, which offers you with extra ordinary features and makes it a user convenient product.
#4. Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV Box: This is an excellent product which offers you with smart and additional features that too at a low cost. Although, manufactured in China, it can be a product for a long run if handled properly.
Best Value Android TV Box
Android TV Box, is often much costly. Some users might want low-budget pick to try it out or use it occasionally only. We do have something for you in our comprehensive article. We have listed out some Best Value Android TV Box, so that you can get one for your home.
#5. MINIX NEO X8H Plus 12000: With XBMC Video Streaming facility, it is one of the best compatible Android TV Box on our list. It offers you with a lot of things to do.
#6. Google Chromecast Ultra: This is the perhaps the best product on our present compilation. It comes with high qualities and excellent features enabling the user to get best output from their Best Android TV Box.
⇢ THE WINNERS: Best Android TV Box
An Android TV is a full house of entertainment enabling the user to do a lot many things. Having a Best Android TV Box enables you access of Google Play Store to download applications such as Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Spotify, Pandora, Hulu Plus, and more on your TV.
Moreover, you can also download Games, so your kids are surely going to love it! The Android TV Platform enables you to quickly search the content on your TV through the 'Voice Search' feature. There are also various Digital Media Players, supported by Google Cast. Using a Google Cast allows the user to control media playback of a TV with the help of their mobile.
So, just go through the products we've listed out just for you. For making your experience well with your Android TV Box. As we are always dedicated to our readers.
The NVIDIA Shield Pro Android Box is the first appliance to feature on our compilation of Best Android TV Box Reviews of 2017. It is an extremely popular Android TV Box among users due to the features it possesses.
It is much user convenient and makes the work easy to go. Moreover, NVIDIA is a reliable brand known for its quality products.
- Set Up
The NVIDIA Shield Pro Android TV Box, alike other appliances don't operate with a simple remote. Although you can use the remote controller for doing every job you wish to do, but it doesn't allow you to work with a single hand.
Moreover, it also allows you to use Android TV Remote Control application, which is really great app, but it requires your smartphone or tablet to do so.
It also comes up with dedicated controls for Play, Pause, Rewind, Forward etc. Moreover, with The Remote Controller, you can voice search via a built-in mic and a headphone jack for private listening.
Also, it is rechargeable, and also had a tendency to go dead more often than you can expect.
The NVIDIA Shield Pro is an incredibly flexible appliance. It is supported with either 16 GB storage system, which is expandable up to 500 GB.
Moreover, there is also a Micro SD slot for the expansion of storage. As well as it also carries a USB 3 port if you like to attach any kind of external drive to it.
The appliance runs solely on an Android TV, which acts as an opposition to a version of Android.
Thus, it works on a TV instead of on a smartphone. The products allow the user to easily install Kodi from Google Play Store and other side load applications.
This appliance runs on the sleekest user interface that you will ever come across. The NVIDIA Shield Pro Android TV Box runs on top of Android 7.0 Nougat, which makes it the only device on this list to use the latest version of Android.
The NVIDIA Shield TV targets those users who wish to get more power and storage from their streaming devices such as a Roku or Fire TV can give.
Although, it doesn’t require you to go into the super high-end streaming devices such as the Cyrus Stream Xa or Naim ND5 Xs. It also comes up with the high-end Tegra X1 CPU, 3GB of RAM and also carries a graphic processor with 256 cores.
Now that's something amazing!
It is powered by none other than Nvidia's own Tegra X1 smartphone chip which is impressive too.
With this, Android TV Box can provide us 4K Video Quality. We can also get some marvelous gaming experiences easily. The NVIDIA Shield Pro Android TV is a single part set top box and dual part gaming system.
Moreover, the later one is better and more functional than the earlier one. But even the former one is not without its benefits. Netflix in 4K Video Streaming only works with Televisions which are HDCP 2.2-compliant.
At this time, TVs packing content protection software are few and far between.
Things We Liked the Most
- Tegra X1 Processor: This appliance comes up with a powerful Tegra X1 Processor.
- Interface: The User Interface is quite good, enabling you to search the content with voice search feature.
- Easy to Play: You can easily play your content on your Shield TV.
- Netflix: Netflix is supported on your Best Android TV Box, which offers you with large amount of content.
- Gaming Support: If you're a Gamer, then this product is a best buy for you.
- Connectivity: This product is having excellent connectivity in comparison with other products on this list.
- Hardware: The Hardware is strong and can be used for a long run.
- Design: The design of this appliance is completely awesome which will make you feel proud to be its owner.
Things We Didn't Like
- App Store: The Android Application Store is limited for your appliance.
- Web Browser: The feature of Web Browser is absent in your Shield TV.
- Size: The size of this box is larger than other boxes.
- Expensive: This Android TV Box is costlier than other boxes.
- Remote Controller: Not a functionary remote controller is there with this product.
- Additional Equipment: It requires additional equipment to take full advantage of all the features.
The Amazon Fire TV Android Box emerged as a competitor for Chromecast, Apple TV,and Roku's Media Streaming Appliances. And it is the second to feature on our compilation of Best Android TV Box Reviews of 2017.
It is a second generation Android TV Box and it was the first ever such appliance to support 4K Video.
This tiny prime product is both sleeker as well as responsive. It is another prime product from the bag of Amazon. Amazon has continuously improved this tech appliance in order to enable the user to get the content streaming faster than ever.
In this way, this product becomes one of the most unique appliance on our compilation. As it comes up with many such unique features.
- Set Up
Owning The Amazon Fire TV Android Box will enable the user, access of both Amazon and Netflix's 4K Video content on your television. This appliance also offers you with content from Spotify, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5. And in this way, it becomes a good rival for Apple TV.
Setting it up is quite simple. First of all, you need to provide a HDMI Cable, which will get the Android TV Box power supply.
Then, get the appliance with its needed internet connection and Log In with your Amazon account. EUREKA! The things are done for you. Alike Chromecast and Apple TV, the Fire TV doesn't require your Smart Phone or Tablet as a remote controller.
The Amazon Fire TV Android Box is a perfect product for the money you have invested. With it you can get an Ultra HD media player which makes a room for some light gaming.
The application of this appliance is quite smooth, and the Amazon provides you with the access to paid Ultra HD movie content. The Fire TV is an appropriate choice for getting some Ultra HD Netflix as well as Amazon Prime viewing on your TV.
This product is reliable as it offers you with easier access in comparison with the web interface.
The Amazon Fire TV Android Box is a tiny and impressive little Media Box, with perfect Aesthetic Considerations. Which provides the user with a unique kind of experience while working with the appliance.
The sleeker as well as shiny exterior is enough to fit into any kind of modern living rooms.
Moreover, the Remote Control featuring WiFi connectivity allows you to hide your Android TV Box behind your TV Set. It comes up with a Quad Core MediaTek Processor. And also with a PowerVR GX6250 GPU inside, which provides the Amazon Fire TV with the gaming edge and 2GB of system memory to keep things flowing seamlessly.
This appliance also comes up with 8GB of internal capacity. Moreover, this storage can be expanded up to 128 GB, with the help of Micro SD card.
This appliance is an excellent Android TV Box which is powerful as well as perfectly designed. The Voice Search feature works well. Moreover, with the introduction of Alexa, the appliance will get more better.
The Web Interface is quite convenient to the user. The Amazon Fire TV Android Box is one of the best video streamers in the market.
The Video Quality is excellent and having an AV receiver provides you with the access of HDMI and Optical Outputs. Which will benefit from 5.1 or even 7.1 surround sound wherever the streaming content has it.
Moreover, the user will also be benefited from the X-Ray feature for certain kind of videos, which will let you pull up IMDB information. Which provides you with an additional information regarding the content you're streaming.
Things We Liked the Most
- Voice Search: This feature allows the user to find the content easily on their TV.
- Application: There are also various applications launched by Amazon in order to easily use the Voice Search feature.
- Gaming: Gaming gives the user unique kind of experience with their Amazon Fire TV Android Box, as it comes up with awesome controls and graphics.
- Accessibility: Person files stored in your Amazon Cloud Drive becomes easily accessible with your Amazon Fire TV.
- Compatibility: The Optical Digital Audio Output makes the appliance compatible with the non HDMI media players.
- Screen Mirroring: This feature enables the user to cast content directly from Netflix and YouTube.
- Free time: With the help of this feature you can, lock down the user experience for your kids.
Things We Didn't Like
- IR System: The Amazon Fire TV isn't compatible with the IR-Based Universal Remote Control System.
- Virtual Keyboard: The virtual keyboard of Android Applications doesn't work out with many of the Android apps.
- iOS: The appliance doesn't carry any application for iOS system, even though much time has been of its launch.
- Lack of Applications: There is lack of applications for VUDU, M-GO and HBO Go.
#3 Xiaomi Mi Box
The Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV Box is the third appliance to feature on our list of Best Android TV Box Reviews of 2017.
As expected from other Chinese Manufacturers, this product also offers you with many smart and additional features. Moreover, you get all this at a too low cost. But, reliability is still a question.
Anyways, you can check it all about this product in the following sections of the article. This appliance makes a compelling offer to you of sufficient extra features on top of the appliance such as Chromecast or Roku to justify its extra cost. Even though, still being the cheapest Android TV Box device available at the retail price.
It is also offering you with full access to Android TV applications and also to the Cast Streaming Capability, Decent Specifications and also with Voice Controlled Remote Controller, the Mi Box carries a lot of positive notes.
- Set Up
The Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV Box works just as a newer version of the Nexus Player. It is a tiny rounded body which is less than four inches wide and deep.
Moreover, it is only about three-quarters of an inch tall. This makes it an easy fit in the class of Android TV Box. And also because of the Bluetooth Remote Controller, it doesn't even need a line of sight, which you can stick it behind your television.
Eureka! Your appliance is ready to work!
With this appliance comes a power button, the well known Android's 'Back' as well as 'Home' buttons. It also consists of a Directional Control Pad with a 'Select' button in the middle, a Volume Up/Down button, and also a button to action voice commands.
The specifications are more than enough to handle the High Definition video when paired with a Mali 450 GPU. Moreover, it is also enough to handle 4K Video Streaming Resolution.
The RAM comes up with is just of 2 GB capacity. Moreover, the storage is also less as it is one of 8 GB capacity. This Android TV Box consists of a Quadcore Cortex A-53 2.0 GigaHertz processor according to the specification sheet.
But, the vendor name is omitted from the sheet. The reason is that Amlogic isn't a famous brand in the United States.
The Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV Box comes up with a quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 2.0 Giga Hertz Processor, 2 GB of RAM, 8 GB of flash storage and with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
At 101 mm x 101 mm x 19.5 mm, this compatible appliance is a fairly unobtrusive, palm sized and square shaped contraption accompanied by a Voice Controlled Remote Controller.
The number of slots found in this appliance are quite less in number. Although, it comes up with an HDMI Port, a Headphone Jack, a Power Adapter Port and one and only USB 2.0 Port. But, there is not any kind of port for Micro SD or USB-C slot, thus there isn't any playing off of a battery pack.
This best Android TV Box can handle the basic Android TV interface as well any Video Streaming Applications with ease. But, there isn't any kind of good scope for advanced applications, as The Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV Box isn't much compatible with them.
Thus, its performance level is below in comparison with some of its competitors. While Video Streaming with this appliance is more complex, tasks like a Video Tab from Chrome, this product will often choke and let the audio will drag behind the video.
The Google Play Services often gets crashed while using the Bluetooth Remote Controller. Thus, there is a good scope for research and innovation in this appliance, which needs to be worked out!
Things We Liked the Most
- Price: It is one of the most cost efficient product in our list of Best Android TV Box Reviews of 2017.
- 4K Video Support: At this price, there are very few devices, which offers you with 4K Video Support.
- Solid Remote: It comes up with an awesome, small-sized remote controller which can also be used in dark easily.
- Extra Features: This Best Android TV Box offers you with many other extra features such as VUDU, Pandora, CBS, Sling TV and many more, which will get you too many options to go on with your streaming player.
Things We Didn't Like
- Performance: Basic 3D Games also get chopped on this appliance, thus the performance is often troubled sometimes.
- Specifications: Some of the specifications might hurt you, for an instance, it just comes up with 8 GB of storage!
- Operating Issues: The updates are uncertain, and there are errors in starting up as well as voice detection.
- Made in China: The 'Made in China' tag is enough to make anyone fear of owning such appliance.
The MXQ Pro is another cost efficient model to feature on our compilation of Android TV Box Reviews. It comes up with 6.0 Android Operating System, which isn't offered by any other appliance at this price range.
Moreover, it also offers with you the option of 4K Video Streaming. Thus, it offers you with many features, at a low cost. It is one of the most Powerful and Best Android TV Box, that you can find in the market.
It comes up with the required additional equipment, such as Remote Controller, HDMI Cable as well as Power Supply. Which doesn't come with many appliances at this price range. Thus, we assure you that you wouldn't regret after getting this Android TV Box.
- Set Up
The setting up of The MXQ Pro Android TV Box is quite easy and quicker to install. First of all, you have to connect the device with the Power Supply.
You have to use your HDMI Cable for that purpose. Connect the cable to the TV and then Log In to your Gmail account. It wouldn't take more than few minutes to complete all these steps.
Although, this appliance comes up with the needed pre-installed applications, you can download as many applications as you want from the Google Play Store.
Moreover, it also comes up with a small and convenient Remote Controller, which will enable the handling of your Android TV Box an ease.
The MXQ Pro Android TV Box is powered with S905X Quad Core ARM Cortex-A53. If you are wishing to watch Full HD Videos or Movies as well as you are a Gamer looking to Play Games from time to time.
This appliance will prove to be a best buy for you.
If you are a Kodi User, then this product is perfect for your home network. This is a kind of product, specially made up for people who doesn't have much to do with your product and all you need is just basic functions which can work perfectly for you.
A Simple Product, with simple facilities for simple people, that's how we can define your Android TV Box.
The MXQ Pro runs on the Android 6.0 operating system. Which makes this product a very good choice. There are many other Android Smart TV Boxes in this price category, which comes up with Android 4.1 to 4.4. But the best part of this Android TV Box is that it really did a great job and embedded one of the Android’s newest and most stable versions.
The specifications of this product are enough to please you, such as the CPU, which is an Amlogic S905 Quad-Core Cortex A53 28 nm Processor 2.0 Giga Hertz capacity.
It also consists of Penta-Core ARM Mali-450 GPU. The Operating System is 6.0 Marshmallow OS.
Moreover, it also supports H.265 hardware decoding, H.264 up to 4K 30Hz Play store, Miracast DLNA as well as Dolby and DTS.
The simple features of The MXQ Pro Android TV Box, makes it more user convenient. It operates quite well with the 4K Video Streaming options. But, it's not compatible much with the gaming system.
So, it would often crash while you are enjoying the games in your Best Android TV Box. Although, if you want to use it just for streaming your favorite TV Shows as well as Movies, it is a perfect buy for you.
The specifications of this product are quite better, which are enough to please anyone. But, it lacks a bit and feels short in some, which sometimes make it less favorable!
Things We Liked the Most
- Power: The device offers you good power because of its system which contains Penta-core ARM Mali-450 GPU & the Quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A534K
- Videos: This appliance can play the videos of 4K Video Streaming, without any kind of buffering.
- Kodi: The users who use Kodi as a main application, for them this device is a boon.
- Cost Efficient: As far as price is concerned, the MXQ pro is much cost efficient.
- Working: It works quite awesome with its Touch pad Keyboard Mouse.
Things We Didn't Like
- Remote Controller: The Remote Controller that comes up with the device is cheap, but you do have an option to get your work done with the help of wireless mini keyboard.
- Bluetooth: It doesn't supports Bluetooth, thus the Gamer who depend on Bluetooth for playing games, this product isn't made for you.
- User Interface: The User Interface isn't good, as it messes up your tasks.
Google Chromecast Ultra enables you to watch streaming content on your Android TV. With the help from services like Hulu, Netflix, YouTube etc. Although, it supports only 4K video in HDR. It's one of the least costliest 4K Android TV Box in the market.
This is a high-quality product. And probably that is what makes this product a special one in our present comprehensive article.
- Set Up
Setting up your Google Chromecast Ultra Android TV Box is just too simple as clicking the device icon at the top right, and following the basic instructions. It isn't even much time consuming.
First of all you have to simply plug in your Android TV Box into your TV's Wall Socket. Then you have to install the Google Home application on your smartphone, plug in to the Google Chromecast Ultra and the application will detect your installed hardware.
After that, you have to get the hardware in your home network i.e. internet connection. Just sign in with your Google account.
And now you are free to start casting content to your TV. With the use of any compatible third party iOS or Android applications.
This device is an improved version of the earlier Chromecasts from Google with some basic hardware upgrades. As soon as you open the video stream in your application, you've to tap the Cast Button which appears on your screen.
Then you've to select the Chromecast Ultra and Bingo your Video will appear on the screen. Google claims that the Hardware upgrades it has made will make the Google Chromecast Ultra Android TV Box 1.8 times faster than it's predecessors.
It is recommended to use Ethernet Connection for getting the best result out of this product.
The Google Chromecast Ultra Android TV Box is 2.3 inch wide, 1/2 inch thick and a black plastic disc. This small circular product comes up with a short HDMI Cable which is magnetically attached with the back.
It is built perfectly considering all the aesthetic considerations, which makes the product more sleeker and streamlined in comparison with its predecessor products. The product is actually made up of glossy black plastic body. It also carries a small 'G' indicating Google engraved on it, which depicts that it is 'Made by Google'.
Moreover, it also comes with a 3 inch cable. The Cable extends itself from the device and terminates into the HDMI connector. There is also a micro USB port, which rests on the opposite side from the HDMI cable.
Data loads quickly with your Google Chromecast Ultra. The product works quickly and is quite reliable. Here too, you have to use your mobile phone as a remote controller.
The picture quality you get with this appliance is high quality giving you an awesome experience with your Best Android TV Box. Although, sometimes it seems the picture quality is a way too saturated. But, you can clearly feel the reflection of HDR Technology used quite wisely.
Things looked marginally sharper with this Chromecast Ultra, but it is harder to tell the difference between a 1080p and a 4K in a blind test.
Things We Liked the Most
- Ethernet Connection: An Ethernet Connection is needed for better television experience, as it doesn't work well with a slow internet connection.
- Cost Efficient: In comparison with the other 4K systems, Chromecast Ultra is relatively cheaper.
- Simplicity: This product is a lot simple in its way of application as well as operation.
- HDR: The Chromecast Ultra allows you with the widest HDR support available with it.
- Setup: The set up of this Android TV Box is quite simple and consists of intuitive interfaces.
- YouTube HDR: It also supports the YouTube HDR, allowing the user to have unique experience.
- Quality: This device provides the user with an excellent picture quality.
- Compatibility: It is compatible with most of the popular streaming services.
Things We Didn't Like
- Extra Device: For operating this Android TV Box, you either need a smartphone, tablet or a PC, which doubles the cost of the product when compared with 1080p Chromecast.
- Amazon: It doesn't support the Amazon Video.
- Mediocre: Although it consists of Cross Platforms, the quality is quite mediocre.
The Skystream One 5400 Android TV Box is on the sixth position in the list. From, the well-known brand Skystream, it is quite compatible as well as a reliable appliance in the market of Android TV Box.
It is a product after owning which, you can save a lot of bucks. On bills and other costs to be incurred. Skystream One 5400 is a home for many awesome features and an enormous amount of Movies, TV Shows as well as many Games and Applications.
It is a complete home of entertainment which provides you with unlimited access to everything you want to do on your Android TV Box.
- Set Up
It is easy to customize your Skystream One 5400. With your WiFi getting upgraded, it offers you easy installation and application of your Best Android TV Box. And now, you are free to surf the internet, add or remove applications, read E-mails, add your Phone to TV and what not.
Skystream One 5400 comes up with such wide scope of application. With this appliance, your WiFi gets upgraded to handle the fastest speeds.
Moreover, it also offers you with the most reliable data signal. And with all such features the Skystream One allows you to stream your favorite Movies, Videos and TV Shows in the highest quality at all times.
The Skystream One 5400 Android TV Box will take it your streaming experience to the next level. It can deliver you with unlimited access to your favorite Movies, Videos, TV Shows as well as Sporting Events all on a click.
You just have to use Skystream's pre-programmed KODI or any of your favorable subscriptions and streaming services. If you have no idea then you can download them through the Google Play Store.
And now you are free to access programs like KODI, Netflix, Hulu and more! The SkyStream One runs on the S905 Processor at the speed of 2.0 Giga Hertz.
The Skystream One 5400 Android TV Box is a redesigned launcher based on Android Version 5.1.1. Skystream designed this appliance to look Crisp, Clean, Professional with a splash of color.
It comes up with individual pre-loaded app sections, which will make finding the applications an ease for the user. You can easily customize each application section with your favorite kind of applications. Which will make your experience with the product quite well.
It also comes up with a Media Player, Power Adapter, Skystream Remote Controller, HDMI Cable and lot more. Why this product is the best buy is clearly explained.
Alike the Roku or Apple TV, the Skystream One 5400 Android TV Box doesn't have any kind of restrictions. And the user is free to download their favorite Streaming Services such as TV Shows, Movies, Videos, Games as well as Applications directly from the Google Play Store.
It is a powerful appliance, allowing the user to work efficiently with their Android TV Box.
All you have to do is just to plug in and start streaming from your favorite sites or applications in any kind of quality you want. It is the best buy for all the kind of users.
Things We Liked the Most
- Support: This appliance comes up with a better support system.
- Launcher: This Android TV Box, has the new kind of launcher which is better than the earlier ones.
- Remote Controller: The Remote Controller is simplified which makes the appliance user convenient.
- Value for Money: The features compare to price is best factor in this.
Things We Didn't Like
- SD Playback: YouTube and Netflix aren't available in HD or 4K on this Android TV Box.
- Heating Issue: Try to use multiple things at one time, and it will start heating.
- Inconvenient: Be ready for the set-up part. Though it comes with Instructions, I find it difficult to set up.
- Short-Life: Don't expect much for long term. You might start facing issues with Wi-Fi.
The Matricom G-Box Q 1900 Android TV Box, is the seventh appliance to feature on our list. It can go well with 1080p and 4k Video Streaming options.
This appliance is little bit larger than usual Android TV Box, which allows the user with a lot many things to do. This device is also compatible to play files of any kind such as MKV, AVI, MP4s etc.
Moreover, you can also handle Games in a well manner with this Best Android TV Box. Also, the Matricom team is also working continuously to improve this appliance day by day. It supports Amazon Prime Video and also the Kodi works seamlessly over this streaming box.
- Set Up
The Matricom G-Box Q 1900 Android TV Box is designed to be as user convenient as possible. It is also possible for you to get all of your applications at your fingertips.
It allows you to use an another application, without closing the previous one.
Moreover, The HUD User Interface makes it an ease to jump around from application to application without frustration, with the help of your not so sleeker Remote Controller. It is so much compatible that you can leave it running all the day and the device will not overheat.
The Matricom G-Box Q 1900 Android TV Box possesses an updating feature that will keep it updated with the latest firmware and plugins it comes up with.
This appliance carries a HDMI cable as well as a Remote Controller. Moreove, This device also allows you to plug in to a full keyboard.
With the help of it's best features the user can get access of the best of the open Eco System of Android along with the Amazon Prime content. And you don't have to use other devices for this! Isn't that much amazing?
The Video Streaming options offers you with 1080p and 4k Ultra HD streaming options. It comes up with Quad Core S812 CPU. Graphics Processor is Mali-450 Octo Core 3D GPU.
Moreover, it also carries a Dual Band 802.11ac Giga Byte 5G WiFi. It also consists of a 10/100 Full Duplex Ethernet Port as well as Two USB 2.0 inputs. There are also ports such as SD Card Port and Optical Audio Port. Bluetooth is 4.0.
Android Games are also available with your Best Android TV Box. You can update the applications installed through Cloud.
The device is fully compatible to support Amazon Prime video. And the part is that it carries a 2 GB RAM and 16GB internal storage. That too at 1 year warranty period.
The Matricom G-Box Q 1900 Android TV Box is a kind of appliance specially made for Gamer. And for the people who just love to enjoy Ultra High Definition Video Streaming Facilities.
It allows you to play games without any kind of fear of crashing. Moreover, you are also free to access too many applications, without crashing or exiting another one.
It's not just an Android TV Box. It's a whole house of entertainment. It is the only device in the market, which is directly supported by the Amlogic. It gives the appliance a Cut Edge Technology, over other products in the market.
Things We Liked the Most
- Fast playback: This appliance comes with Fast Playback facility allowing the user to playback quickly.
- Easy to setup: The device is easy to setup, which makes it an ease to use this.
- Nice user interface: The HUD User Interface with this Android TV Box, is quite good. It makes the work easy for the user.
- Great customer service: The Post Selling Customer service is done in a well manner as Matricom is a well known brand.
Things We Didn't Like
- Remote could be better: The Remote Controller could have been made better, but it isn't that much sleeker.
- Limited Ports: Only 2 USB ports available with this product.
The Eighth streaming device to feature on our list of Best Android TV Box Reviews of 2017 is The MINIX NEO X8H Plus. The manufacturing brand MINIX has redesigned their NEO series Media Hub by introducing this appliance.
This Android Powered device can transform any conventional TV or monitor with an HDMI Cable connection into a SMART TV. Which will enable the user to run applications, Browse the Internet, Access Google Play Store, Netflix, Skype etc.
Moreover, it also comes up with pre-installed applications such as XBMC Media Center, which supports full hardware decoding.
- Set Up
The MINIX NEO X8H Plus Android TV Box carries a Power button on which all input, as well as outputs, are clearly labeled. We can see the white printed label which looks stunning with a matte finish.
Although, there is a minor issue with the lighting LED which shows the power status. This appliance is built to be left on. And the best part that it consumes little power.
Thus, while watching, especially in the dark, it could be irritating if it was bright. This blue LED with One stage is hardly visible when the device is powered ON. This makes it extremely tough to decide the status of your Android TV Box.
Although, it could be fixed by increasing the illumination and also by adding a two-stage LED, which indicates both powered on as well as standby status.
The MINIX NEO X8H Plus Android TV Box comes up with a Media Hub, IR remote controller, WiFi Antenna, HDMI Cable, Micro USB Cable, OTG Cable, Multi Language Set Up Guide as well as a Power Adapter.
And this whole unit is covered in a black housing, which is constructed of plastic. Which makes the quality of your Best Android TV Box exceptional.
MINIX logo which rests on the top of the unit makes it look best. It also possess a detachable external WiFi antenna which is positioned in such a way, that makes it easy to divide the unit into small vertical spaces.
One unit of The MINIX NEO X8H Plus Android TV Box includes a 2 GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB eMMC Storage, HDMI Cable 1.4b, 1 GB Ethernet Port, Dual Band WiFi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0, 3 USB 2.0 ports, 1 OTG port, SD/MMC Card Reader, Mic Jack, Headphone Jack and IR Receiver.
Apart from the standard Android settings, there are also som other MINIX Applications such as Mbox.
Mbox provides the user with Straight Forward Configuration Options for Networking, Display, Advanced Controls, System Information as well as Over the Air (OTA) System Updates.
XBMC is the best part of The MINIX NEO X8H Plus Android TV Box. Although, it takes up a lot of time to configure and customize on your Android TV Box. But in the end, it will give you an excellent experience with its outstanding entertainment center.
This is a class product, with all the needed features as well as it is equipped with all the needed features.
Although, it is must costly, but if do offers you with all the needed features. And will give you the best return of the money that you have invested.
Things We Liked the Most
- Tegra X1 Processor: This appliance comes up with a powerful Tegra X1 Processor.
- Convenience: It is one of the most user convenient product in the market.
- Flexibility: The fully Android Operating System, provides the user with the best ever flexibility.
- Customer Support: Minix is a well known brand, famous for it's better customer service.
Things We Didn't Like
- Netflix: Sadly, Netflix isn't supported on this appliance.
- Amazon Prime Video: This device is not much compatible with the Amazon Prime Content.
- Remote: You might face some issues with the remote controller. Not all users face it though.
- Software: The pre-installed software might not impress you. It hangs very frequently.
- Poor Choice for Kodi: It will be poor choice for Kodi.
A small appliance with large features this is how we can recognize The M8S Android TV Box. This device is powered by AMLogic S812 CPU which is ideal for XBMC and Netflix Video Streaming Options.
This Dual core Android TV Box is capable to do much more to fulfill the expectations of the users. You might be knowing that the AMLogic System on Chip’s is best for media playback with amazing performance in XBMC Video Streaming. But wait, it doesn't stops here.
This Android TV Box also support latest 4K Ultra High Definition video formats. And all this makes this product one of the best buy!
- Set Up
The M8S Android TV Box packs in with good hardware with a capacity of S905 CPU and 2 GB of DDR3 RAM. The 2 GB DDR3 RAM makes it possible to do multiple tasks.
It has 8 GB ROM storage capacity which is enough for installing most of the applications.
Moreover, the storage is expandable with the help Micro SD card up to 16 GB. It also allows you to plug in external hard disk or NAS on this device.
The M8S Android TV Box comes up with Android KitKat 4.4 Operating System. It consists of a Quad Core Processor of 2.0 Giga Hertz and Octa core Mali 450 GPU.
It also carries a 2GB DDR3 RAM powered system. Which is much compatible to support 4K Ultra High Definition and XBMC Video Streaming Options.
It also supports Bluetooth as well as 5G Wi-Fi technologies. The Quad Core Cortex A9 2.0 Giga Hertz CPU offers great speed when compared with other Dual Core or Quad Core Android TV Boxes available in the market.
The network settings of The M8S Box allows you to select either Ethernet or WiFi connection.
The Display Settings consists of features such as Auto Detect Resolution, Ultra High Definition as well as 4K Video output support. You are also allowed to hide or show the status bar, adjust the display size and also your screensaver.
Moreover, The Status Bar automatically disappears while you are playing videos. But, The Android Settings with this Best Android TV Box are based on the Phone's User Interface.
The M8S Box is a low cost box. Moreover, it can stream movies and TV shows for the users who are looking for a budget solution to get their Android TV Box.
When you compare its size with other Android TV Boxes. You can find that this appliance is smaller and roughly half as wide as other small boxes in the market. The Advanced menu allows you to start Miracast.
Moreover, you can also enable the software Remote Controller, Set your Location, Set the Screen Orientation and also to Select Digital Audio Output.
The Other buttons provides you with details regarding the Android Version 4.4.2 and Kernel Version 3.10.10. It also comes up with an Over The Air System Update Menu.
Things We Liked the Most
- Firmware: This appliance comes up with a Smooth and Fast Firmware.
- Android: The appliance comes up with Android 4.4 Kitkat Version.
- Pre-Installed Apps: It comes up with pre installed applications such asXBMC 13.
- Video Playback: The device possesses Blu-Ray ISO and 4K video playback system.
- User Interface: It has 1080p Video Streaming User Interface.
- 4K Video Output: The appliance also comes up with 4K Video Output, which is up to 30 fps supported.
- Ethernet performance: Ethernet performance of this device is quite good.
- Good Video Format: It only supports good video formats as well as codecs.
- USB Webcam: The device also comes up with an USB Webcam which is much compatible with Skype and Google Hangouts
- HDMI CEC: This device is also supported with HDMI CEC.
Things We Didn't Like
- Stability problems: There are stability related problems with this device, thus it hangs sometimes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth doesn't works properly with this device.
- Wifi: The WiFi doesn't works well.
- Paid Applications: Google Play Store doesn't allows you to download Paid Android Applications with this device.
- Convenience: It is not much user convenient product.
The Zidoo X9S Android TV Box is the 10th & final one to feature on our compilation of Best Android TV Box Reviews of 2017. This appliance comes up with the option of 4K Video Streaming Quality.
Also it possesses, the HDR video performance along with the capability of 3D Video Playback. Which isn't available in the other products listed out in this comprehensive article.
Moreover, this device also supports the High Definition Resolution as well as Immersive Audio Formats which includes DTS-HD and Dolby Atmos.
- Set Up
When you will install The Zidoo X9S Android TV Box on your TV. On the window screen Setup Wizard will appear which will guide you to the Language, Network, Screen as well as Launcher Arrangement.
The device presents you with an attractive launcher known as ZIUI. This appliance also carries the tile based as well as features shortcuts for your Zidoo Media Center.
The Zidoo Media Center is basically a File Manager, HDMI in a feature, the Applications Drawer, Web Browser, the Settings Menu, an Application's Task Killer, and much more.
But the problem is that the device has some spelling as well as some typing mistakes which gives the feeling that the manufacturers have been careless while proofreading the product before its release.
The Zidoo X9S Android TV Box comes up with a well built Remote Controller. It also carries a predictably Light Weight, Plastic Finish Mouse Pointer. It responds quickly to this.
Moreover, the range of the Infrared Sensors are acceptably long and broad in this product. It also comes up with the Zidoo Home Theater application. Mostly it uses the native player of the device, which is comparatively much strong.
Although, The device lacks the reliability while Scraping the Movies and the data of TV Shows.
The casing of The Zidoo X9S Android TV Box is made up of aircraft grade aluminium which is often referred as smoke colored. Although, in normal language we can refer it as Dark Grayish Colored.
This device comes up with relatively Attractive Design. Moreover, the appliance is Durable as well as Presumably Aerodynamic.
This Android TV Box also stays nice and cool in operation, thanks to the best engineering employed in its manufacturing. Moreover, it doesn't overheat easily.
The Zidoo X9S Android TV Box is one of the best Android Media Streaming appliance. There is a wide range of available options for getting the work done. But it might create confusions for some people.
There is also an option for the users to use plain KODI. But the present versions of the device doesn't operate properly with the chipset.
Thus, if you want to get all the best kind of playback capabilities, you need to install the XBMC wrapper application. And then you have to configure it according to your needs as well as requirements.
If you are working with this way, you are also required to root access and the wrapper application has been paid for same. So perhaps, it is the least welcome option most of the users will choose.
Things We Liked the Most
- Well Built: This appliance comes up with a well built and pleasant structure.
- Software Updates: The system is much compatible and the software gets regularly updated.
- Playback: The 3D Playback it comes up with is quite awesome, and gives unique kind of experience while it's used.
- Features: The device is compatible with many functions as well as features allowing you to do many things with your Best Android TV Box.
Things We Didn't Like
- Ultra HD Mode: This appliance doesn't comes up with 50 Hertz Ultra HD Mode.
- Remote Controller: The Remote Controller of this device is quite mediocre in its use.
- Reliability: The appliance is reliable on Zidoo for keeping up with KODI.
Must Read: What to Look for while buying an Android TV Box?
Before buying anything we need to look out many things in order to get the best product. So hereby in our comprehensive article, we are also providing our readers with the things you need to consider before purchasing a Best Android TV Box.
Audio Pass Through
Audio Pass Through is a simple feature which enables the user whenever he wants to send the signal from the Media Player to any other device without actually doing anything to the signal of the player. Your device must have at least 5.1 Audio Pass Through.
The 4K signals take up a lot of bandwidth to the tune of around 10 GB per second. Although, HDMI 1.4 has that capacity. But it usually pressurizes the limits of the technology. HDMI 2.0 will increase its capacity to a maximum of 18 GB per second. It is enough for 4K Ultra HD at 60fps.
If you’re using equipment such as Mouse, Keyboard, Micro SD card Adapter, Microphone, Speakers or any other devices where speed rate isn’t a factor to be considered, you can get it done by using USB 2.0. As USB 3.0 gives 10 times faster speed compared to the USB 2.0
Your appliance must possess Android Lollipop 5.1 or Higher. As the latest equipment works well with the latest technology.
You might notice H.265 or HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) written on your device. It actually stands for the compression rate of your video.
1080p 3D is actually the picture quality offered by the device in order to get the best possible resolution of the picture to the user.
Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching
DRR Switching adjusts the refresh rate automatically between the source and the Television. For an instance, if you have a 24Hz source & a 50Hz TV, it will automatically sync those so, you can get the best picture possible.
Over the Air (OTA) Updates
These are the must have features of any Android TV Box. In order to stay in touch with the latest technology it's needed to update the applications regularly. OTA Updates is one such feature enabling the user to update their applications.
Suitable Version of Kodi
If you don’t upgrade Kodi on your Android TV Box from time to time. You will miss out on all of these future updates which offers you with the latest technology.
Android TV Box Features with Latest Models
We have to keep in mind that not all Android Smart TV Box comes with all the features. We choose the box based on our requirements. So if we want to play amazon prime video, we don't need a system which cost extra because it is Kodi Enabled. So These are the features which we find in the latest launched Models of Android TV Box
- Live TV: Various kinds of boxes are available which will enable the user to stream Live TV without even using the cable.
- Storage: Most of the Android TV Boxes comes up with enough storage for storing your music as well as videos. Moreover, the storage is also expandable up to 1 TB enabling you to store much more than you need.
- Wireless: The Wireless connection with the help of its DLNA functions allows you to connect to multiple devices altogether.
- Compatibility: In this era, it is necessary that all your devices such as Phone, TV or Tablet all are connected together and are compatible with each other in order to assure better performance of all the devices.
- Games: Are you a Gamer? Then the Android TV Box is a perfect choice for you, as it gets you the best of the game features available, which will let you the best ever gaming experience.
- Streaming Quality: There are various kinds of streaming quality available such as 720p, 1080p. The User must choose the Streaming Quality which is the most appropriate according to its requirement.
- Remote: Why to search for a Remote Controller, when your smart phone can be your mobile? Yes, your Best Android TV Box comes up with an option to enable your smart phone as a remote or else you can also use a different remote controller, as per your convenience.
- Interface: How can you forget about interface while talking about Remote Controllers? The interface makes the work of user easy, and experience with their product quite well.
- File Support: If you are buying a device with internal storage you have to make it sure that it is able to play your files. File Support is thus an important feature.
You might find most of the features listed about in our list of Best Android TV Box.
What is TV Box with Android?
Android TV Box is a special kind of product, which is not a cup of tea for everyone. It's not just a TV, it is a smart appliance. An appliance, which enables the user to do lot many things. And this is what makes it special.
Android Smart TV Box is a term used for the Android device used for the TV display. It's called as a Box, as it comes into the shape of a Box. Whose size isn't more than 5 inches wide and not more than 2 inches tall. Generally, they're smaller in size as specified above. As the terms aren't much specific, the hardware in it may vary according to its various kind of application.
In more simpler terms, we can define the Android TV Box as a set-top box. This box has got the size similar to that of the Apple TV. This system runs on Google Android operating system. You may have also come across of the Android TV Stick which offers the same service.
But the only difference is that this system is in the form of Box. This Android TV Box needs to be connected to the HDMI port of the Smart TV. Using this system, you can get easy access to many contents which is available via Network Access.
If you wish to go the legal way, then you have to buy your favorite content via the Android TV Box. Nowadays many similar Boxes are available in the market, which markets themselves with the similar features along with free content. Mind well with these systems, since they are illegal to use.
Do you need the Android Smart TV Box?
It will be better to begin the session with a question that who won't love watching their favorite on large HD display. And provided with the comfort of home. Preferably all my readers will love to have such experience every day.
Various brands create, various kind of Android TV Boxes. These boxes come up with various kind of launchers in order to provide the user with a customized look. As a whole, they're trying to make your experience with your TV more simple as ever. They provide you with excellent features such as Live Streaming, Gaming and using various other applications all on your TV.
Moreover, you can also change your customized launcher if you don't like it much. It's just too easy to work with.
Some of the other key benefits included in using the Android TV Box are as follows:
- This TV Box is flexible in nature. Since you can easily subscribe for a content for a week time, and enjoy their service. And later you could discontinue if you didn't enjoy watching it on the system.
- You could get recommendations related to your interests on this. This will be based on your searches, downloads, and the ratings that you gave.
- Here you will be paying only for the content you are watching. Not like the cable services, where you have to pay for the complete package.
And finally, if you use Internet services like Netflix more compared to the cable services, then it is time to consider your investment for the cables. Switch to the Android TV Box, and save bucks spent on cables.
How does Android Streaming Box Works?
Before getting any product, you must know that how does it works. So for making the application of any Best Android TV Box an ease, we have hereby described you the working of an Android TV Box in brief.
Android TV Boxes are getting popular day by day. The reason behind it is that they provide the users with a wide range of applications such as surfing the internet, streaming the videos straight to your TV etc. It can easily turn any ordinary TV into a Smart TV. And you can use it easily for streaming the videos or TV shows whichever you want. And all that works easily by following the simple instructions.
You just have to connect the selected Best Android TV Box to the internet connection. It can either be a WiFi or an Ethernet connection. What we need is an appropriate speed of internet which will provide the user with the best quality of Live Streaming. It is operated by the Android Operating system, an operating system manufactured by Google.
As it is simple in operation and relatively cheap, it is easier to make appliances working on this operating system.Your Android TV Box can be installed on small boxes which run on the same kind of hardware, but also provides you with better input and output options.
For an instance, Android TV Box can output HDMI to a TV giving it a High Definition viewing ability. These appliance also uses a Remote Controller, Keyboard and/or Mouse for providing the input to the appliance.
Android TV Box v/s TV Sticks
This is the comparison you need to look out before getting any streaming device for smart TV. As it will make you clear about the difference between an Android TV Box and the TV Sticks or Streaming Boxes.
Android TV Box
- The Android TV Box often uses the same kind of hardware that you can find in TV Sticks.
- These kind of appliances are more powerful as well as expensive in comparison with the TV Sticks.
- Android TV Box generally carries a Dual Core processor.
- The area of application for both TV Box and TV Sticks is nearly same.
- The TV Stick is a mini computer operated by the Android.
- It allows the user to easily access HD Movies, Games as well as various kinds of applications.
- You can also Video Chat with your friends and family members.
- Streaming your favorite TV Shows as well as Movies becomes quite simple with the help of TV Sticks.
- TV Sticks also provide you with the best ever gaming experience.
- This appliance mostly comes up with a Single Core Processor.
Smart Android TV v/s Smart TV Box
This is the comparison you need to look out before getting an Android TV Box. As it will make you clear about the difference between an Android TV Box and the TV Sticks or Streaming Boxes.
Smart Android TV
- Android TV is the Google’s third attempt to run your media hub.
- It is a system which organizes your content into a single platform for easy organization and searching of your content.
- Moreover, it is a special kind of version of core Android Operating System.
- Appliances of this kind can’t run every application that you install.
- Everyone can not afford a new Android TV or something similar, as the cost would be high.
Smart TV Box
- Android TV Box is a TV box which runs on the Android operating system.
- It is trying to make it easier for the user to use your TV easily from your living room couch.
- These small Android TV Boxes can transform any TV into a smart TV with variety of options.
- Most of the people use the Android TV Box to stream movies or TV shows from the streaming websites of their choice.
- The product is compatible to run all the applications that you will install in your box.
- Such appliances offers you with good performance, ignoring a few features, for just a little cost.
Android Box TV v/s Apple TV
On one hand, Android is an open platform for all and there are many applications available on Google Play Store for using your Android operated device. Whereas, on other hand Apple is a platform limited to some users only. There are many other differences in between an Android TV Box and an Apple TV, which will be discussed in the below section.
Android Box TV
- Having an Android TV will get you ever ending supply of Games.
- Android TVs are much cost efficient when compared with the Apple TV.
- Hardware, if needed to replace are easily available for the Android TV.
- You can play console games easily with your Android TV.
- The Apple TV enforces you to become the part of Apple's rich and highly evolved Ecosystem.
- It provides the user with the best ever hardware as well as accessories.
- iOS is short of applications and support, thus the area of application of Apple TV is considerably reduced.
Wired System and Wireless System
It is a challenging task to get one Streaming Media Box which can play files of all kind of formats without any kind of issues. Still, Many of the Android TV Boxes claim that they are the best among those to feature from the another.
The Box, which is best for you is basically the one which enables you with the access to the Streaming Media Sources about which you care the most. If you are planning of using the chosen Best Android TV Box with Kodi and Plex applications, then there is a wider options of product available to you. Because, in the market there are Many Conventional Android TV Boxes available for you, which can easily handle the server requirements.
Moreover, if you are looking to stream much more amount of content, for which you are looking for. You need to notice the channels as well as sites which are officially available in the inbuilt software as well as provided in the various app stores.
Such as Netflix Video Content or Amazon 4K Video Content is available only to a limited selection of devices. Netflix has also shortlisted some Media Players which can properly display their own 4K Video Streams.
This comprehensive article on Best Android TV Box Reviews of 2017 was presented to you. We have listed out total 10 Best Android TV Box before you along with their salient features, positives, negatives and description. Each and every product listed here is unique in its own manner. Before selecting the one from the above here you need to know your requirements from the product. The way you want to use your Android TV Box. Your expectation from the product. Your area of application. You also need to consider choice of your family members. As you don't get a TV Box just for yourself. There is a family too for whom you've to look after.
Each product listed here has been featured by going through many appliances. We have justified our selection with a long research while selecting the best products for you. The list consists of products from various brands. And all this effort has been done just to help our readers to get the Best Android TV Box for themselves and their family members.
So feel free to go through all the Android TV Box listed here, compare their features and get the one best for you and your family. You shouldn't regret after getting something fraudulent.
Best Android TV Box Reviews of 2017 at a Glance
Recommendation: NVIDIA Shield Pro Android Box
Amazon Fire Smart TV Box
Xiaomi Mi Box
MXQ Pro Android TV Box
Google Chromecast Ultra Android TV Box
Skystream One 5400 Android Streaming Box
Matricom G-Box Q 1900
MINIX NEO X8H Plus 12000 Android TV Box
Leelbox M8S Pro Android 6.0 TV Box
Zidoo X9S Android TV Box
Tired of your Cable Services, thinking of Cable TV Cord-Cutting or want something with flexible options? Android TV Box is the ultimate option which will cater your all needs related to video, movies, & show streaming. It actually comes with many more features.
If you are unsure or want experts' advice on the same, you can read our Android TV Box Reviews which will clear all your doubts about Smart Streaming with multiple options.